[SOLVED] Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?

Irsla irsla at usualcoders.net
Mon Feb 12 18:57:26 UTC 2007

Olaf Greve wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> The question:
> I recall having had this issue before, and I *think* the resolution was
> to enable PAM authentication or so outside of /etc/ssh/sshd_config. I
> thought to recall that I either did this in rc.conf (or the defaults for
> that), or in the custom kernel configuration. However, I couldn't find
> any hints to that anymore on the live box...:(
> Does anyone know how to get this going properly, and what it is that I'm
> overlooking?

It rather looks like putty is checking the server key with the older one
(you mentioned you reinstalled the box).

try to delete the know_host entry in the register database (look for the
entry start->run->regedit then look for the "SshHostKeys" entry and delete
the old key).

This should fix your pb ;)