Connection timed out

Matthew Pope mpope at teksavvy.com
Sun Feb 11 21:49:12 UTC 2007

Hello,
I am trying to resolve a connection timed out problem.  The problem
occurs when I attempt to ssh, or http to my freebsd host from my windows
(2K) box.  About 3/4 of the time I get a "Connection timed out" when I
attempt to ssh into the freebsd host.
Coincident with this behaviour, I can not ping my windows box from the
freebsd host, and when I try I get no packets returned.

Meanwhile, the freebsd box at no time has any problems pinging google,
only the local network. I recall having a sockets timeout variable or
something that needed tuning when I ran freebsd as a http / ssh server
before .  Can someone provide a hint as to how I can resolve this?
Thanks,
Matthew

-bash-2.05b$ uname -a
FreeBSD ns.mbpesecurity.com 6.1-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p10 #0:
Mon Oct 23 00:47:22 EDT 2006     root at ns.mbpesec
urity.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MPKERNEL  i386