jail and adjkerntz

Oliver Peter hoschi at vader.homeunix.org
Sat Feb 10 08:52:49 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 09:21:33AM +0100, Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've strange message every 30 min from mail jail (by mail to root) like
>
> 	adjkerntz[21050]: sysctl(put_wallclock): Operation not permitted
> what's that mean ?

FreeBSD System Manager's Manual           ADJKERNTZ(8)

     adjkerntz -- adjust local time CMOS clock to reflect time zone changes
     and keep current timezone offset for the kernel

You can not do that within a jail.

Just comment out the following line from /etc/crontab:

# Adjust the time zone if the CMOS clock keeps local time, as opposed to
# UTC time.  See adjkerntz(8) for details.
#1,31   0-5     *       *       *       root    adjkerntz -a

--
Oliver Peter, email: hoschi at vader.homeunix.org, ICQ# 113969174
"Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave."