free memory

Andy Greenwood greenwood.andy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:46:50 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, Яцко Эллад Геннадьевич (ws44) <eyatsko at nsk.tvoe.tv> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Are there some utils to release Inact memory, which can be viewed by
> top-utility? In time all Free Memory flows to Inact Memory, and we
> have real problem with performance of our router. After I reboot
> server, problem disapears for one or two days. I REALLY need any way
> to clean up router's memory and move it from Inact to Free state
> without rebooting..

You might want to read this. Basically, that is what it's supposed to
do. I suspect that you have some other problem.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#TOP-FREEMEM

And also this.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/x114.html

> Kind regards, with hope, Ellad Yatsko.

I'm nerdy in the extreme and whiter than sour cream