HP C-class Blade / Broadcom ethernet / SerDes controllers not supported

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Wed Feb 7 10:45:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 05:10:34PM +0100, Christoph Schug wrote:

> Maybe you can give it a try and check whether a current FreeBSD 7 works
> right and report back the result to the list.

Just tried the current FreeBSD 7 snapshot
(7.0-CURRENT-200702-amd64-disc1.iso) but unfortunately the box freezed
during boot. It came up to the point where it probed PCI then it hung.

Also tried with ACPI disabled - same result.

The only way out is a cold boot (i.e. power-off/on) of the system :-(

-ewald

PS: If you're interested in the exact details of the hang I could
upload the console screenshots to a webserver.