Makefile knobs

n j nino80 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:41:56 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a question regarding the various knobs one can set while
building a port. The problem as I see it is that the user usually has
to be a makefile lingo expert (okay, not an expert, but you catch my
drift) to decipher all the various options and set perhaps only the
one he really needs. So, my question is: is there a port that does
that for you? Reads makefile options from a makefile and prints them
out in a nicely ordered way to you? If there's no such port, is it
actually possible to create one (meaning is it possible to get needed
information from a makefile in an automated fashion)?

Thanks,
--
Nino