iTunes - once again.

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Mon Feb 5 08:26:36 UTC 2007

> > Call me silly, but it seems to me you ought to be lobbying Apple
> > for Linux support.
> >
> > Get a decent Apple-made Linux player, and FreeBSD support via
> > the linux emulator would *probably* work, no?
>
> I agree, getting Apple to support iTunes on Linux is key. I don't
> know if there have been other online petitions ...

Good luck.  My guess is that open-source systems like Linux or *BSD
are considered too easily hackable, and therefore prohibited in
Apple's agreements with the recording industry.  (Even if the iTunes
app itself were distributed as binary-only, having both the input
and output drivers open-source might be perceived as making it too
easy to attack the encryption.)