how do i find libphp4.so??

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sun Feb 4 09:01:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 12:02:51AM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:

> >>Are you asking where libphp4.so is currently installed on your system
> >>(find or locate will tell you), or which port installs libphp4.so (I'd
> >>start looking at the php ports and their pkg-plist files)?
> >>

> >	This is getting sranger and strangr.  (BTW, I'll check the
> >	pkg-plist files; I forgot that; thanks.)
> >
> >	On my ThinkPad, I have cloned my web files and php works.
> >	There is a different apache/httpd.conf file on my laptop,
> >	but only slightly: it lacks my many vitural websites.
> >	zen.thought.org has the same php4.* ports as on my real
> >	webserver. Fewer, in fact.  On zen, the libphp4.so was
> >	(by default, obviously) commented.  On my webserver, I had
> >	uncommented it.  This is the only diffrence I can think of
> >	that makes any sense.  On zen, my php pages display.  Here
> >	(ns1.thought.org) I get the "Firefox does not know" etc,
> >	and asks if it should save the page.
> >
> >	I'm utterly, completely stumped.  Ideas?
> >

> >>--
> >>	Dan Nelson
> >>	dnelson at allantgroup.com
>
> Check your lib directories (/usr/local/lib*)? That's the only thing I
> can think of, considering that that's the most likely place where the
> libraries would be kept. You may also want to look for executables that
> dynamically load php under /usr/local.
>
> Finally, you may want to rebuild apache.

	I rebuild everything, including apache13--- and nojoy.  Another
	screwup is that on my thinkpad I rebuilt php4, and now it, too,
	fails to display anything PHP.

	Will you do me a favor and point firefox at
	http://jottings.thought.org ?  Everything  on that v-site has php
	stuff.  See if the browser says it can't display and asks
	what-to-do.

	I'm in the process of doing a ports-tree update on this server
	(tao) and going to try here.  My newest platform is under
	construction.

	I'd say something like "Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggghhh!!!" but I don't have
	the energy :-|

	gary

  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix