dlopen(), atexit() on FreeBSD

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Mon Dec 31 09:02:00 PST 2007

Giorgos Keramidas writes:
 > The __cxa_finalize() function is not called by atexit(), but by exit()

I see.

 > Since the program is going to exit and have all its dlopened shared
 > objects be unmapped, it's probably ok to skip the dlclose() step in
 > this example.

Just for the record: I've tried disabling the dlclose() call in our
code. It both prevents the segfaults and does not seem to inflict any
harm. I'll use the code that way for the time being, any real solution
for this problem notwithstanding.

 > I think this is probably something that the freebsd-hackers list will
 > be interested in.  Can you post a description of the problem there too?

I'll do. I haven't read up the full history of this problem, but
apparently other programs and libraries are affected too, so it is
probably fair to seek assistance.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
markus.hoenicka at cats.de
(Spam-protected email: replace the quadrupeds with "mhoenicka")
http://www.mhoenicka.de