Is it possible to mount OpenBSD FFS partitions in FreeBSD?

Seth Brundle cdanza335 at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 31 03:16:55 PST 2007

2007/12/31, Nikola Lečić <nikola.lecic at anthesphoria.net>:

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:58:17 +0100
> "Seth Brundle" <cdanza335 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
> > # mount /dev/ad8s1a /mnt/
> > mount: /dev/ad8s1a : No such file or directory
> >
> > (I thought that the first -- and only -- partition on OpenBSD would
> > show up as 'slice 1' on FreeBSD.)
>
> (The disk area occupied by OpenBSD is a slice, whilst BSD-style chunk(s)
> within are partitions.)
>
> Is it possible to mount it just with 'mount /dev/ad8s1 /mnt'?

Thanks for your fast reply;

# mount /dev/ad8s1 /mnt
mount: /dev/ad8s1 : No such file or directory

Also tried this before, doesn't work. The main problem for me is that I
don't know the way the OpenBSD disc appears to FreeBSD, layout-wise. A
``disklabel ad8'' to have a peek also doesn't work:

# disklabel ad8
disklabel: /dev/ad8: no valid label found

Thanks,

Seth