font problems

Joey Mingrone joey at mingrone.org
Sat Dec 29 14:58:42 PST 2007

Over the holidays I decided to upgrade my ports after several months
and everything went well except some fonts seems to be messed up.
Sorry, I'm not really sure how to explain this better.  Here is a
screenshot of gkrellm: http://jrm.ath.cx/misc/messed_up_fonts.png

As you can see, the fonts are so large they overlap.  I didn't change
any of my configuration files (xorg.conf, ~/fonts.conf, ~/.gtkrc-2.0,
etc).  The problem seems to be isolated to gtk applications.  Here is
the output from /var/log/xorg.log: http://jrm.ath.cx/misc/Xorg.0.log

It seems as though the usual fonts cannot be rendered so some sort of
defaults are being used.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Joey