Still having problems burning DVDs

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 14:41:44 PST 2007

Ok,

Thanks to the help of earlier posts (a couple of weeks ago), using "kldload
atapicam" now allows for the scsi ioctls on my IDE CD/DVD burner.

However, when I do the following:

growisofs -Z /dev/cd0 -dvd-video /usr/local/dvds/whereisGod1.iso

I get this output:
Executing 'mkisofs -dvd-video /usr/local/dvds/whereisGod1.iso | builtin_dd
of=/dev/pass0 obs=32k seek=0'
mkisofs: Value too large to be stored in data type.
File /usr/local/dvds/whereisGod1.iso is too large - ignoring
mkisofs: Unable to make a DVD-Video image.
:-( write failed: Input/output error

Now, what is causing this?  The command I'm using is right off of the handbook
for creating DVD video:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-dvds.html

And the size of this file is:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  4317872128 Nov 21 16:30 whereisGod1.iso

That's slightly smaller than the 4.7 gb that the DVD+R says it will hold.
Please keep in mind that this iso file I've made is from doing:

cp /dev/acd0 /usr/local/dvds/whereisGod1.iso

Andy