removing ipfw rules

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Dec 27 16:22:31 PST 2007

On 2007-12-27 15:47, Noah <admin2 at enabled.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two ipfw rules that I want to remove.  They are viewable with the
> "ipfw show" command
>

> --- snip ---
>
> 06600      0         0 allow ip from any to any proto tcp src-ip
> 66.66.66.66 dst-port 22
> 06700      0         0 allow ip from any to any proto tcp src-ip
> 66.66.66.66 dst-port 22
>
> --- snip ----
>
> I am typing the command "/sbin/ipfw -q delete pass proto tcp src-ip
> 66.66.66.66 dst-port 22"
>
> but both lines remain.  What am I doing wrong?

There are differences between the visible rule:

    allow ip from any to any proto tcp src-ip 66.66.66.66 dst-port 22

and the one you are trying to delete:

    pass proto tcp src-ip 66.66.66.66 dst-port 22

Having said that, can you try something simpler, i.e.

    ipfw -q delete 6600
    ipfw -q delete 6700

This should work too, if I remember well enough the ipfw syntax.