sysctl...

Chad Gross avatar4d at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 11:53:31 PST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 2:20 PM, aJTiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am running FreeBSD 7 beta4. When I start a computer and os loading I got one
> message which I don't know why and how could I save a "problem" if it is a
> problem. Beta 4 works very good and I don't have problems.
>
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
> sysctl: hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: Invalid argument
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> It just doesn't seem right to go over the river and through the woods
> to Grandmother's condo.

I am not running 7.0, so I am just guessing, but I am assuming you
changed that option in /etc/sysctl.conf (or possibly copied your /etc
directory from an older machine to the 7.0 machine). That would be the
why you are getting that message during boot. The reason the message
is appearing at all is most likely because that is not a current
sysctl variable/option. I would check the sysctl manuals for that.

--
Chad M. Gross