usb/umass, devfs: this sucks

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Tue Dec 25 22:51:49 PST 2007

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 00:38:11 -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> If we want people to give FreeBSD a try in good faith, it is both profoundly
> stupid and dishonest on our part to claim, we have a working USB-system... It
> does not matter, how great our buffer-sharing VM is, if a home user can't
> process their photos with a FreeBSD-powered computer.

While I have not experienced difficulty with umass, I would have to comment
that as near as I can tell, *nothing* else on USB works.  Not my scanner, nor
my Treo.

Both have worked intermittently in the recent past, so I believe my configuration
is not at issue.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell at parts-unknown.org
---
Resume available at http://www.parts-unknown.org/
NOTE: I sign all messages with GnuPG (0DD1D1E3).