Disable cdrom open/close buttons

OpenBlanchy dvdrom_box at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 18:29:31 PST 2007

My wife's dog keeps bumping into my file server and ejecting either one of
the two cdrom trays. My concern is she will snap the trays off or steal/eat
a cd inside the tray. My initial fix of getting rid of the dog was rejected
so I'm coming here for a software solution.

Basically, I was wondering if there's a setting, script, or even a program
that will make it so the drive will only eject if I tell it to and the
physical buttons are of no use.

I run FreeBSD 6.2 without a gui. Thanks.