Customized FreeBSD CD (was: Can I install Free BSD latest version on my laptop with dual boot?)

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Fri Dec 21 06:35:54 PST 2007

manikandan.x.balachandran at jpmchase.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your immediate response
>
> Yes, I spend two days and found out there are lot of tips in your
> documentation thanks…
>
> After compiling the Free BSD Kernel and making some changes on my
> system then how do I make the installable CD/DVD from my source (My
> Free BSD) to distribute to others…
>
> One more question: Can I use ZFS on Free BSD?
>
> Cheers,
> B.Manikandan
> Bournemouth, UK

Please do not top post.

There are couple of ways to create a custom FreeBSD CD and you will find
them by simply googling. I have not tried any, but this one looks promising:

http://livecd.sourceforge.net/documentos.php

It is available in the ports collection too: /usr/ports/sysutils/livecd

ZFS will be available on FreeBSD 7.