Fwd: What priority this app running?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Dec 20 19:33:01 PST 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:07:44 -0500
"C High" <freebsd at fwd.tch3.com> wrote:

> With nice, 20 is the lowest priority, 0 is the base, and -20 is the highest.

that's right - it is because with nice you tell it 'how nice to be'. when you
ask a process to have a level 20 of niceness, it will be VERY nice and the
kernel will let other processes in front of it. If you say, this process will
have a negative value of niceness, it isn't very nice at all ;)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

We've been wrong so many times before, why stop now?

Warned.