cron pile up! Lot's of "cron: running job (cron)"

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Dec 15 14:19:35 PST 2007

Rudy wrote:
>> The thing is, sometimes it runs fine, other times it backlogs (It may
>> complete at a latter date... the PID 82253 is still waiting ... Gonna
>> see it it completes instead of killing all the stuck crons...).
>>

> All the crons are cleared out right now... 'ps' shows only crond.
> Related to putting the other cron job in " marks???

Well, I think I messed up in my suggestion, by omitting the
CRON at the end.  My point/thought was, put the entire command
"/path/to/script.sh  ARG" in quotes.

Cron is pretty archaic, and I wondered if it was trying to
run "/path/to/script.sh" and "ARG" as two jobs instead of
one, and hanging on "ARG" since CRON is something of a
reserved word.  IANAE, YMMV, and all that.

Kevin Kinsey
--
I like myself, but I won't say I'm as handsome as the bull
that kidnapped Europa.