/usr/local/rc.d/apache22 start doesn't start Apache

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 14 14:14:09 PST 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007, Yuri said:
> I installed Apache port.
> But when I run "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start" nothing
> happens. 'ps ax | grep httpd' returns nothing.
> So server wasn't started.
>
> Why nothing is printed and server not started with the first
> command? What is the right way to start the server?
>
> Thanks,
> Yuri

Take a look at /var/log/httpd-error.log that should tell you why it's
not starting.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html