Apparently, csh programming is considered harmful.

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Dec 14 07:45:05 PST 2007

Matt LaPlante wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2007 9:59 PM, Chuck Robey <chuckr at chuckr.org> wrote:
>> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>> That was written sometime last millenium, I mean, it's REALLY old.  The
>> question is sort of flamebait (you ought to go ask it on, say, the Linux
>> IRC channel, for well-reasoned, adult discussion (NOT!)
>
> One could argue that making irrelevant, potentially insulting
> statements about alternative operating systems is:
> - not adult
> - not well-reasoned
> - flamebait

And you took it ;-) --- don't read too much into his words.

IRC is the hottest flame war protocol on the planet, and
you're more likely to have large numbers of $any_type_person
on a channel with a large number of users anyway; since Linux
has more users than BSD, it makes sense to me.  Chuck said,
"Go to a Linux IRC channel with this question and watch for
something that rivals the Great Chicago Fire happen in 2 seconds."

He could have easily said "##freebsd on Freenode", but it'd
have been a smaller and cooler flame war.  He didn't say "Tux
Sucks".

Kevin Kinsey

--
There are really not many jobs that actually require a penis or a
vagina, and all other occupations should be open to everyone.