Promise SuperTrak EX12350 don't get detected under FreeBSD 6.2

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Dec 14 00:46:10 PST 2007

http://www.freebsd.org/projects/bigdisk/index.html

"...The GPT partitioning scheme was introduced with the ia64 architecture as
an MBR replacement. It provides 64 bit offsets and allows for an arbitrary
number of partitions..."

"...For secondary storage, GPT can be used by any architecture regardless of
BIOS or boot support..."

"...It is still possible to avoid disklabels and MBRs for testing by using
newfs directly on the raw disk or md disk. Sysinstall can be tested from a
running system by just selecting Expert mode and just performing the MBR and
disklabel steps...."

So, boot FreeBSD 64, go to expert mode, newfs the disk and see if it blows
up

Ted