(postfix) SPAM filter?

Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wundram at beenic.net
Wed Dec 12 23:57:24 PST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2007 03:12:53 schrieb Chuck Swiger:
> Install the following:
>
> /usr/ports/mail/postfix-policyd-weight
> /usr/ports/mail/postgrey

Just as an added suggestion: these two (very!) lightweight packages suffice to
keep SPAM out of our company pretty much completely. Both are best used to
reject mails before they even have to be delivered (in Postfix, this is a
sender or recipient restriction, see the websites of the two projects for
more details on how to set them up), so as a added bonus, people don't have
to scroll through endless lists of mails marked as "***SPAM***".

I've had a setup with amavisd-new, spamassassin and clamav on another mail
server (basically the same thing Chuck described), but for our current usage,
these two are efficient enough not to warrant the upgrade to more powerful
hardware (which would be required to run SpamAssassin properly).

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development