make buildworld fails

Jamie Avery jamieavery1 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:08:37 PST 2007

Hi
I have a custom Kernel Config file in /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/.  I have
put KERNCONF=/kernelname/ into /etc/make.conf.  However, when I make
buildkernel, I get the following error

ERROR: Missing kernel configuration file(s) (/kernelname/).
*** Error code 1

Make.conf appears to be looking for the Kernel config file in the
/i386/conf/ folder, as when I put a copy of /kernelname  /in the
/i386/conf directory it starts to run, before failing on various unknown
parameters that I assume are specific to the amd64 architecture.  Am I
missing something? Do I need to state my processor architecture
elsewhere? Or explicitly tell make.conf to look in the amd64 directory
rather than the i386?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jamie