Scanner Compatibility

Michaël Grünewald michael.grunewald at laposte.net
Fri Dec 7 23:43:19 PST 2007

Predrag Punosevac <punosevac at math.arizona.edu> writes:

> I use Epson Perfection 1670 and it works like a charm. Unfortunately
> it does require binary blob which might be something you want to
> avoid.

What is that binary blob stuff? Do you mean by this a binary image
that should be loaded in kernel --- after being correctly wrapped just
like some wifi card drivers? If this is the case, there is no chance
to make the blob work under amd64, is there?

> If you need step by step instructions how to install scanner you
> might contact me via private mail.

I am very interested in this kind of technical information, since I do
foreplan to buy a scanner. If you really think[1] this discussion would
be a nuisance for the list, would you be kind enough to CC me?

[1] One can consider that even if the discussion topic does not hit
    most of its members, it can be useful to contribute here these
    technical details because they will be archived and could then be
    referenced in future discussions, searched, etc.
--
Cheers,
Michaël