Hopefully an easy header rewriting problem for Postfix

Clint Olsen clint.olsen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 11:20:08 PST 2007

On Dec 07, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> The "myorigin" variable is what you need.  See postconf(5) for more
> things you can do with it.
>
> (> myorigin (default: $myhostname)
> (>       The domain name that locally-posted mail appears to come from, and that
> (>       locally posted mail is delivered to. The default, $myhostname, is  ade-
> (>       quate for small sites.  If you run a domain with multiple machines, you
> (>       should (1) change this to $mydomain and (2) set up a domain-wide  alias
> (>       database that aliases each user to user at that.users.mailhost.
> (>
> (>       Example:
> (>
> (>       myorigin = $mydomain

Right, I have this set, yet it is still possible to have me send a mail
using Mutt with my From: address set as "host.my.domain".  This works great
for incompletely specified recipients and senders etc.  But I haven't
figured out how to incorporate myorigin to rewrite all addresses that match
a pattern to modify that (and only that) in the address.

Thanks,

-Clint