looking for online text editor

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Dec 4 12:29:49 PST 2007

> > > mindterm-ssh. Is there some plain text editor program
> > > out there that will allow me to simply login and edit my files in
> > > plain text - (not a gui html editor) ?
> > >

> > ...You can't just SSH into your box and use vim?
>
> Let's say I'm in a library in some remote town. The only SSH I know
> that is web loadable is mindterm-ssh, but that runs on java. If java is
> blocked on the local box then I'm SOL. No?

Just use puTTY.  You can download it and run it without any installation.

If you're that locked down that you can't do any of those things, I'd
suggest you get a laptop or other way to manage this remotely.  What good
is a text editor if you can't restart daemons or HUP them?  Nokia cell
phones have an SSH client available.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com