make buildworld (6-STABLE) -> stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdbserver

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Tue Dec 4 09:05:28 PST 2007

Hi,

After cvsup-ing one of my 6-STABLE machines, cleaning up /usr/obj I
started the usual build process with "make buildworld". However after
some minutes it died with the following messages:

===> gnu/usr.bin/gdb/kgdb (cleandir)
rm -f i386fbsd-tdep-fixed.c nm.h tm.h xm.h kgdb main.o kthr.o trgt.o trgt_i386.o kgdb.1.gz kgdb.1.cat.gz
rm -f .depend GPATH GRTAGS GSYMS GTAGS
===> gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdbserver (cleandir)
cd: can't cd to /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdbserver
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

In order to completely start from scratch I removed /usr/src/*,
/usr/obj/*, cvsup-ed again some hours later but again make buildworld
ended with the same error.

Has anybody else seen this error?

TIA for any clue,
-ewald