FreeBSD make on other platforms [was: Re: Building FreeBSD onLinux]

Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) sarvi at cisco.com
Tue Dec 4 08:29:41 PST 2007

Hi Giorgos,
     The build failed for me 'with a syntax error before "__dead2" '.
     Are there any special include files I am supposed to have?
I had trouble with the autoconf version I had installed and had to
upgrade to the latest.
Then I was able to move past, autoconf, automake, configure.

Whhen I went to make I got that error. It looks like __dead2 is a
#define in cdefs.h found in some BSD installs. I am building on RedHat
Enterprise Linux 4 and the sys/cdefs.h file does not see to define
__dead2.

Is this make file supposed to build on Linux. If so are there pe-reqs
before I can build it.

Thanks,
Sarvi