xorg on ATI Mobility Radeon X600

Steven Friedrich StevenFriedrich at InsightBB.com
Mon Dec 3 15:05:35 PST 2007

I'm running the latest xorg release available in FreeBSD ports
collection. I have several computers and had quite a bit of trouble
making the transition to the modular xorg release.  I believe my laptop
made it thru the modular updagrade but has since stopped working.  I
have tried to re-install xorg from the ports collection as well as
installing a fresh copy on another drive partition.  I also installed a
fresh copy of FreeBSD 6.2 and it works.  My laptop is an HP zd8215us.
It uses an ATI Mobility Radeon X600. Is it a known problem with this
video chip to be not working under the latest xorg release?

--
Steven Friedrich
Louisville, KY 40216