FreeBSD and Asus P5N-E (nForce 650)

David Naylor blackdragon at highveldmail.co.za
Sun Dec 2 06:22:18 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to get my computer (an Asus P5N-E SLI (nForce 650)) to run
with FreeBSD (i386) however it does not detect any of the hard drives
(both are SATA) or any of the CDROM drives (one is SATA and the other
is IDE).  Disabling APCI does not help either however running in Safe
Mode does allow the hard drives and one CDROM (I don't know which one
but I think it is the SATA one) to be detected.  The computer also has
a wireless card that uses the if_ral drive (it is detected).  I need
to use i386 and not amd64.

Please help

David