"READ_BIG timed out" errors on acd0

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 29 15:04:21 PDT 2007

Ok,
That thing with mount is my stupidity (you are not trying to mount file
system) people already commented on it. I looked again the book and in
Chapter 18, section 18.6 first page they talk about ripping music
(Duplicating CD) from the command line right after they talk about about
burncd and cdrtools. In particular can you follow the subsection 18.6.5
from the handbook and rip a single song to a file?

My sound juser works perfectly with the editing I followed from the
FreeBSD Gnome book.
Somebody mentioned that your CD might be protected from reading.

I will also mention something which is probably stupid. But you know
that in FreeBSD you must have a wire between DVD/CD rom and
audio card to be able to listen to CDs. Can you listen to the CDs? I
have no clue if you could rip CD without that wire.

As I said I have the wire. I followed the FreeBSD-Gnome handbook and
everything works as expected.