Cannot rebuild Sendmail (with sasl2)

brad davison demonichandextensions at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:01:02 PDT 2007

Yuri, thank you for your reply.

my make.conf:
# SASL (cyrus-sasl v2) sendmail build flags...
SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2
# Adding to enable alternate port (smtps) for sendmail...
SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+= -D_FFR_SMTP_SSL
# added by use.perl 2007-08-28 00:53:33
PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8

saslauthd is installed and running.

The process I am using for rebuilding sendmail:
I had gone into the /usr/src/lib/libsmutil and did make cleandir && make obj
&& make
then I went into /usr/src/lib/libsm and did the same thing, those went OK

but when going into /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail and doing 'make clean && make
depend' that works OK
when doing the 'make' it fails with the libsmutil.a