IPMI A Question to all Dell Users.

Sten Daniel Soersdal netslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 04:36:07 PDT 2007

Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been reading a bit about IPMI.
>
> I am running 6.2 on all my servers.
>
> Does any Dell (PowerEdge) users have the IPMI port installed? Is it safe? Easy to use? Any problems with installation?
>
> I am mostly interested in viewing sensor info and extracting SELs.
>
> TIA,

Have been using IPMI on PE2850 without problems. Although i have not
performed any extensive testing on the functionality, it appears correct
and i have had no trouble with it.

I have used /usr/ports/sysutils/ipmitool on 6.1.
/usr/ports/sysutils/ipmi-kmod is either available as ports module or in
base system on some versions of FreeBSD.

--
Sten Daniel Soersdal