fdisk - can't update an in-use partition

João Pinheiro jp at pontosi.pt
Sat Aug 25 10:43:36 PDT 2007

Hi,
I have freebsd 6.2 installed on a disk with a 260Gb partition with only
a 30Gb label (don't ask :P) and I'm trying to resize the active
partition to the size of the existing label, so I can create another
partition. I've already set kern.geom.debugflags=16 to be able to write
to mbr, but fdisk doesn't update my disk and gives the following error:

fdisk: conflict with open slices

Does anywone know a way to force fdisk to update the partition table?
This is a remote machine so I can't boot from CD to correct the
partition table and/or reinstall the SO.

Thanks in advance,
    João Pinheiro