ports/UPDATING instructions and Python 2.4

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Sat Aug 25 07:16:03 PDT 2007

I need to keep Python 2.4 on my system to run Zope (which isn't
compatible with 2.5).  So, I dutifully followed the instructions
under /usr/ports/UPDATING starting with "If want to keep 2.4.x
installed alongside 2.5.x [...]".  When I came back a little later,
all of my dependent ports had been upgraded from py24-* to py25-*,
effectively killing my webserver.

Could someone else take a look at those instructions and see if they
make sense - they look a little suspicious to me - or if there is
some gotcha that I might have missed?  Thanks.
--
Kirk Strauser