PCIe gigabit network card

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:58:54 PDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
> i have to buy one, but i don't want to buy crappy/unsuported one.
>
> what chipset/manufacturer i should look at.
>
> they are for 20-40$ here, may brands many chips. please help.

I second the previous suggestion. I just deployed a machine to act as
a router, it's been up routing traffic 24/7 for the last week on two
intel/pro network cards without any problems yet. The drivers these
cards use, em(4), was written by Intel, so the cards are fully
supported without any crippled functionality. Newegg has a few based
on this chipset for about $30.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106121&Tpk=PWLA8391GTBLK
-Modulok-