SATA to PCI cards

Jack Stone antennex at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 06:30:27 PDT 2007

>From: "Bahman M." <b.movaqar at gmail.com>
>To: orvilleg at hotmail.com
>CC: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: SATA to PCI cards
>Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:51:52 +0330
>
> > Yes, I've had good luck with the Promise brand PCI-SATA cards on 6.x. We
>are
> > using this method to evolve older machines to SATA.
>Thanks for the hint. Would you tell me why did you choose Promise
>brand as it's expensive compared to the other brands?
>
>Bahman

I chose Promise because all of their products I've ever bought have worked
for me in disk management. It was a roll of the dice as to it would work or
not. Plus, it was the only card the vendor had that I have used for years.

Thus, no guarantee for all, but they have worked on sever different
motherboards so far and all are running fbsd-6.x (mostly 6.2).

The ones I bought were $72 each and handle 2 satas 150/300.

That's the best I can do to help in your case.

HTH....

Jack