FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p7 box crashing

Lisandro Grullon lisandrogrullon07 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:47:10 PDT 2007

> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:49:47 +0530> From: wahjava.ml at gmail.com> To: FreeBSD-Questions at FreeBSD.ORG> CC: > Subject: Re: FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p7 box crashing> > ,--[ On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 07:33:05AM -0500, Eric Crist wrote:> | Sorry to reply again so soon, but I failed to read through your > | attachment before sending my previous message. I notice that your > | system seems to have crashed at least a few times during the loading > | of PowerDNS. Immediately before, there's a warning about the > | variables in /etc/rc.conf:>

It would be interesting to see your logs and the content of rc.conf, it would provide us a better idea on what is happening.
> Sometimes, it also crashed when I restarted 'avahi-daemon'.> > | > | Aug 20 15:50:43 chatteau root: /etc/rc: WARNING: $pdnsd_enable is not > | set properly - see rc.conf(5).> > I've installed pdns and pdns-recursor, but I'm using pdns-recursor> only, and $pdnsd_enable is set to "no". And I'm running this setup since> June, 2007.>

Has the package been running stable since then, what changes have you done to it. Upgrade, patching or have you had any file system corruption. Let us know.

It makes sence to drop into single user and check your file system to see if there is anything wrong with them, specially the one that is holding the package/port and the data of such. Come back and let us know, don't forget to check the loggin section of that package, that could provide you with some good hints,