Gnome & FreeBSD

Michael S msherman77 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 16:56:55 PDT 2007

Good day all,

I decided to add GUI to my GUI-less FreeBSD machine. I
am  considering installing Gnome, which I haven't used
for long while and the last time was on Linux anyway.
The reason is that most of my favorite applications
use gtk libraries, like Firefox, GAIM (can't get used
to the new name),wxPython and others. In short I
wanted to avoid 2 huge sets of libraries (gtk and qt)
by not installing KDE.
I wanted to know how Gnome feels on FreeBSD, is it
polished enough? Are there crashes? Any caveats at
all?

Thanks in advance,
Michael