FreeBSD + PHP + Barcode scanners for Web Application?

perikillo perikillo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:36:41 PDT 2007

  Hi people.

   Look we have some applications at work, that use scanners Manufacture by
Symbol. Those applications were created in Access, but i want to create
those app for a Web browser, my doubt is:

   Does someone here has a app running from the browser that use bar code
scanners?
   Which languages did u use, python, php, other?
   Did u have problems with fonts?

   Does some know something about this?

   I still didn't see any app that runs in the browser that use bar code
scanners, hope someone here give some light.

   This web app will be for FreeBSD 6.2 server, but i want to use the most
used browsers like Firefox or Iexplorer but i don't want to depend just from
Microsoft Windows + Office in my clients, i will like to use a browser on
any OS to run my app.

   Thanks all for your time, greetings!!!