freebsd 7 release date :)

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sun Aug 19 12:49:00 PDT 2007

Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 8/19/07, vuthecuong <cuongvt at fpt.vn> wrote:
>> just for reference only:
>> Original release planned date of 7.0 was end of Jul. But now is nearly
>> end of Aug.
>> So Which date you guess 7.0 will be released?  :D
>>
>> Tnx
>
> FreeBSD 7.0 entered frozen status, and it has been very stable with no
> major bugs, you could use it safely, and enjoy the real BSD speed with
> FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT now ;)

No so fast now, after reading this I thought I'd give it a try, updated
the source, buildworld then buildkernel. at installkernel i got a lot of
error lines like this

kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked
kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked
kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked
kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked

no idea which file it was. And booting I booted straight into gdb.

Regards, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org