fusefs-sshfs compilation error

Andy Greenwood greenwood.andy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:01:48 PDT 2007

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:26:15 -0400 Dave wrote:
>

>>    I'm running 6.2 with a ports tree cvsupped and kernel sources from
>> about half an hour ago.
>>

> Do you keep base system and kernel in sync? It's always a good idea.
> Did you compile and install the kernel? It's not a good idea use a
> recent kernel sources to build modules but use an old kernel itself.
>

>> I'm trying to install the
>> sysutils/fusefs-sshfs port. During the compilation of the dependency
>> fusefs-kmod i am getting an error that opt_global.h file can not be
>> found and compilation stops.
>>

> You didn't show the platform. The output of "uname -a" is OK.
> And it's always a good idea to show the error message. (BTW usually
> two or tree good lines are showed followed by a full error message.)
> Did you try to locate the file? May be at another computer? Here it is
> for me:
> -----
> srv# locate opt_global.h
> /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC/opt_global.h
> -----
>

>> For the fusefs-kmod port i did select
>> create a global autofile setup.
>>

> I just tried to compile fusefs-kmod with a global autofile setup. It
> succeeded at:
> -----
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD srv.sem.ipt.ru 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Tue Jul 24 19:30:05 MSD 2007     bsam at srv.sem.ipt.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
> -----
>

>> Any suggestions welcome.
>>

> Since the file opt_global.h is found (at my system) only at /usr/obj
> directory I'd quess you dodn't have kernel sources and kernel binary
> at sinc (i.e. didn't compile the kernel after cvsupping).
>
> HTH, WBR

Just installed fine here.

[andy at zeus fusefs-sshfs]$ uname -a
FreeBSD zeus.agreenftp.no-ip.com 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Thu
Aug  9 17:11:53 EDT 2007
toor at zeus.agreenftp.no-ip.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZEUS  i386
[andy at zeus fusefs-sshfs]$ pkg_info | grep fusefs
fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1 Kernel module for fuse
fusefs-libs-2.7.0_1 FUSE allows filesystem implementation in userspace
fusefs-sshfs-1.8    Mount remote directories over ssh