Share folder over internet

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Fri Aug 17 04:45:13 PDT 2007

> It is hardly the freebsd community's fault that Skype / Ebay doesn't create a FreeBSD binary. Actually, the linux compatibility layer is one of the great things in FreeBSD. Of course, you may be having other issues we can't know about until you kindly tell us (on a separate thread pls...)

Yes, I agree. I did not tell it is the fault of the FreeBSD community.
However, when you need to install an application server for a couple of
diskless X terminals, you should not use FreeBSD. I'm serious. There are
some very important applications that just don't work. :-(
> ::shrug:: each solution needs to be considered for the problem. It is, after all, your server, feel free to install linux or pay for MS licenses... (btw, have ever actually used windows file sharing over a slow link ? whatever 'ease of use' you *may* have gain (and i'm not sure how much of that there really is) will probably be lost when you consider other factors...)

Well, yes. You are right about these factors. In my case, it is almost
too late to migrate to Linux. It would cost too much and there would be
other disadvantages too. For some things, FreeBSD is definitely better.

Best,

   Laszlo