Local domain with Bind

आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 23:47:14 PDT 2007

,--[ On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 12:19:34AM +0200, Nicholas Wieland wrote:
| Il giorno 15/ago/07, alle ore 15:23, Derek Ragona ha scritto:
| >
| >I don't see anything in the bind configuration file either, AND it
| >all works on the DNS server and your mac so we know that the BIND
| >configuration is fine.
| >
| >Check on the .3 server /etc/nsswitch.conf
| >
| >be sure you have a line like:
| >hosts: files dns
| >
| >in this file.
| >
| >If that doesn't fix it, check your gateway setting, netmask, and
| >other settings on your ethernet interface.
|
| I solved. I just had to add search subbacultcha.local to the .3
| resolv.conf ... No clue why it is needed.

.local is a TLD used in mDNS. For more information, visit following URL:

.local - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.local

| Thank you very much for your help and your suggestions.
|
|   ngw
|
| --
| Nicholas Wieland
| nicholas.wieland at gmail.com

Ashish Shukla
--
Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"
आशीष शुक्ल

weblog: http://wahjava.wordpress.com/

  ,= ,-_-. =.  | The  desire  to  be  rewarded  for one's  creativity  does |
 ((_/)o o(\_)) | not  justify depriving  the world  in  general of  all  or |
  `-'(. .)`-'  | part  of that  creativity.                                 |
      \_/      |                            - Richard M. Stallman           |