portupgrade question

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Tue Aug 14 15:45:35 PDT 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:12:40 +0100
Christopher Key <cjk32 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just CVSupped my ports collection and run 'portupgrade -ra'.

Hello Christopher,

'portupgrade -a' is just enough, '-r' means nothing here.

> One of the ports that was updated was vim, which had originally been
> installed without X11:
>
> # cd /usr/ports/editors/vim
> # NO_GUI=1 make install clean
>
> Now, this option appears to have been lost as I've ended up with a
> full X11 installation.  Is this the expected behaviour, or did I do
> something wrong?

Yes, options are not saved that way and Vim's default is with X11.
Please make sure that the following lines exist in
your /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:

  MAKE_ARGS = {
  	'editors/vim' => 'NO_GUI=yes',
  	[... options for other ports ...]
  }

Next time portupgrade will honour it (without -P/-PP options, of
course).

Nikola Lečić