problem compiling xfig SOLVED

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Tue Aug 14 03:51:39 PDT 2007

Manolis Kiagias wrote:
> Predrag Punosevac wrote:
>
>> I was trying to use xfig to do some graphs but application would froze
>> every time I tried to use the mouse.
>> After inspecting /var/db/pkg I realized I have xfig-devel version of
>> program which is ALPHA version.
>> I cd /usr/ports/graphics/ xfig-devel  && make deinstall
>> I tried to compile xfig-3.2.5 version  after I did portsnap fetch &&
>> portsnap extract && portsnap update
>>
>> I keep getting the message
>>
>> [root@ /usr/ports/graphics/xfig]# make install clean
>> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
>> ===>  Found saved configuration for xfig-3.2.5
>> ===>  Extracting for xfig-3.2.5
>> => MD5 Checksum mismatch for xfig.3.2.5.full.tar.gz.
>> => SHA256 Checksum mismatch for xfig.3.2.5.full.tar.gz.
>> ===>  Refetch for 1 more times files: xfig.3.2.5.full.tar.gz
>> xfig.3.2.5.full.tar.gz
>> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
>> ===>  Found saved configuration for xfig-3.2.5
>> => xfig.3.2.5.full.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> => Attempting to fetch from http://xfig.org/software/xfig/3.2.5/.
>> fetch: xfig.3.2.5.full.tar.gz: local modification time does not match
>> remote
>> => Attempting to fetch from ftp://www-epb.lbl.gov/xfig/.
>> fetch: xfig.3.2.5.full.tar.gz: local modification time does not match
>> remote
>> => Attempting to fetch from
>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
>> fetch: xfig.3.2.5.full.tar.gz: local modification time does not match
>> remote
>> => Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> => port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/xfig.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/xfig.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/xfig.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> I am running FreeBSD 6.2 XOrg 7.2 Gnome 2.18 on the Generic kernel
>>
>> I also tried pkg_add -r xfig-3.2.5 but I am getting message
>> [root@ /usr/ports/distfiles]# pkg_add xfig-3.2.5
>> pkg_add: can't stat package file 'xfig-3.2.5'
>> [root@ /usr/ports/distfiles]# pkg_add -r xfig-3.2.5
>> Error: FTP Unable to get
>> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/xfig-3.2.5.tbz:
>> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> pkg_add: unable to fetch
>> 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/xfig-3.2.5.tbz'
>> by URL

> I can't tell you for sure about the message you are getting trying to
> compile it from Ports, BUT this "local modification time does not match
> remote" seems to me like there is something wrong with the date / time
> settings on your machine. Have you checked this? Is your clock
> synchronized with an NTP server?
>
> For the pkg_add part, solution is simple:
> [...]
Of course,
I am a moron. The clock is not synchronized with an NTP server. The
clock drifting took me by surprise since this is relatively fresh
installation.
I used your quick solution with pkg_add to add xfig-3.2.5 to add the
application.
Now xfig works perfectly. Good thing I had a problem with that unstable
ALPHA new develop version of Xfig because now I know that I have to fix
the clock.

Thanks Everybody
Predrag Punosevac