Install FreeBSD 6.2 with Intel Integrated RAID

Tamouh H. hakmi at rogers.com
Sun Aug 12 08:35:48 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've seen this question asked couple of times before but couldn't find a resolution for it. I'd appreciate any help on this subject.

I'm looking into getting a Supermicro board X7DVL-I which uses Intel chipset 5000V and has integrated RAID through Intel ESB2 SATA 3.0Gbps Controller (Intel 631xESB/632xESB)

When the system is configured for RAID, FreeBSD installer does not recognize the RAID setup instead it shows all the drives.

Is there a way to work around that ?

Thanks,

Tamouh Hakmi