Easy switch to xorg 7.2?

Richard Tobin richard at inf.ed.ac.uk
Sat Aug 11 06:05:13 PDT 2007

> I have successfully installed xorg 7.2 in a couple of new installations
> with minimum fuss. You can do it either from ports or packages.

I used packages, but there were one or two problems, in the form of missing
packages.  In particular, the following packages, required by the xorg
package, aren't in .../Latest:

xkeyboard-config-0.9_3.tbz
xf86-video-nv-1.2.2.1.tbz
xterm-225_1

I built xkeyboard and xterm in the ports, getting newer versions than
the expected ones.  I didn't bother about the nvidia driver as I don't
need it.

Anyway, it now seems to be working!  Thanks for you help.

-- Richard