Remove ports dependencies

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Fri Aug 10 05:38:45 PDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 12:53:39PM +0100, Christopher Key typed:
> Hello,
>
> I recently tried to install vim from the ports collections, however I
> didn't do it with 'WITHOUT_X11', and accordingly it went off and
> installed X + presumably a whole load of dependencies which I really
> don't want.  Is there any way to get a list of exactly what it added so
> that I can go and remove it cleanly?

the command "pkg_deinstall -nR vim" (this command is port of the portupgrade
package) will give you a list of all packages vim depends on. Removing the 'n'
switch will actually upward-recursively deinstall these packages, excluding
the ones that are needed by other packages.
Then rebuild vim WITHOUT_X11 ;)

cheers,
Ruben